Monday 9 December 2013

Bangkok - Chatrium Riverside Hotel



25th of November. Finally it was my birthday. We had celebrated my coming of age for what seems like a month. My original idea of a bottle of tequila in bed was about as appealing as a tracheostomy. We ditched khasoan road and crossed the Chao Phraya River. Cat booked a super cool, expensive hotel birthday treat. That was about as far as my knowledge went.





Checking into Chatrium Riverside. Stinking of hell and feeling worse. On the contrary, the hotel had a whiff of decadence and wealth. With all honesty I did not for one second feel out of place. Grand suite. One bedroom, kitchen, living room, balcony. Excellent shower and nice big deep bath. It was a corner suite so we had city and river views. Within minutes I had showered and bathed. Birthday presents on the balcony. Room service soon followed. Later we headed to the pool. It was beautiful & absolutely spotless. Great views with a main pool, an infinity pool & jacuzzi. In the evening I received an unexpected knock on my door.  The hotel delivered a delicious free birthday cake :D







Room service upon room service. Our kitchen had more dirty plates than Withnail's flat. 


Large flat screen TV's in both rooms. Free mineral water was offered & replenished on request. The bed was the comfiest bed we have ever slept in. They even had a pillow menu!? Breakfast in bed will never be the same again.




On the second day I said what we had both been thinking. Let's book a third day. We were planning on leaving BK very soon but then I received a Facebook message from
my uncle saying that he was playing at the Bangkok River Festival on Saturday night. If we could hang around until Saturday he would put my name on the guest list. Sounded like an excellent idea if only we could afford to stay at Chatrium until Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment