Friday 27 December 2013

Luang Prabang. Wow Laos



After the mammoth journey to laos I had planned on our first day being very chilled. We nipped out to do some laundry and ended up accidentally climbing a huge temple. The view was quite special but half way up all I could think was what is going on?? And this was not for the first time! All I wanted to do was get my stinking clothes cleaned. For me this is the best thing about Asia. You never know what is going on or what will be happening next. Its exciting.





















There is a strict curfew in laos and most bars will close at 11:30. There are Bowling alleys all over Laos which have licenses to open until 2:30. Drunken bowling Started off playing like Roy Munson but quickly went downhill after the second bottle of whiskey.








Am not a motorhead at all, but I do have a thing for old cars. I heard about a Royal family vintage car exhibition so we had to check that out. Most were donated by the US and were super cool.







We took a forty five minute tuk tuk ride to some waterfalls and a bear sanctuary. The bears were rescued from bear bile farms. They seemed peaceful enough and I am sure they are a lot better off here than on some evil bile farm. The waterfalls were really cool and they had a rope swing! It was a lot of fun and a little terrifying. I also jumped off from one of the waterfalls. A running jump! The water was freezing!




























After a little trekking & waterfall action we had lunch. I went to the toilet & saw the biggest spider I have ever seen. Even bigger than the one in Kerala.





As we were getting home Sterry were going to a Laos herbal sauna so we decided to join them. A couple of days later I went to the gym with them. Summat healthy for a change. Check me out. One morning after a truly awful breakfast we decided to cross the river and visit the small village on the other side. It was very rural! Machete wielding child chasing a chick?













On our last day we watched the sun go down over the mountains. It was pretty cool. There was this cat with pale blue eyes who didn't like my sticky rice.









We left LP for Vang Vieng. This was to be the place where we would all spend Christmas together

No comments:

Post a Comment